At GetInsured, we’re on a mission to improve the way people shop for and enroll in health insurance. And we’re building world-class software to do it. Our drive and expertise are what make GetInsured a leading provider of health insurance e-commerce technology in the U.S.
Our customers are consumers, employers, benefits consultants and health insurers, and our solution incorporates the best from the retail e-commerce industry to power their online marketplaces.
At GetInsured, everyone’s ideas matter, and everyone is respected. It’s a place where people work together and roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Join us in this exciting opportunity to support a team that has helped Americans enroll in more.
Role and Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing a full range of HR services to the organization including benefits administration, immigration, compensation review, performance management, HRIS, employee relations, onboarding/off boarding, policy implementation, LOA, talent acquisition and employment law compliance.
Work cross functionally (IT + Facilities + Hiring Managers) to ensure a smooth onboarding, conversion or offboarding process Utilize the HRIS system/process to roll out new hires and/or terminations
Ensure that the Benefit Administration system runs smoothly and seamlessly by periodically check in on any qualifying event requests for approval, ensure bi-weekly report for payroll has been imported accordingly
Audit benefit invoices as they come in and pass over to Accounting
Work with payroll in submitting notifications/PANs (Personnel Action Notices) to payroll when employee changes (salary, reporting, new hires, terms) come in
Schedule New Hire Meetings and Exit Meetings with impacted individuals
- Bi-weekly meetings with benefits brokers on all HR/Compliance initiatives
- Prepare and manage the annual Benefits Open Enrollment
- Handle any claims escalations with the assistance of the HR Helpline
- Ensure terminated employees are properly reflected in the system as updated
- Assist in roll out of wellness seminars
- Handle any Workers Compensation claims that come to HR
- Manage and Launch Performance Assessments for Employees and Managers
- Roll out initial email along with reminder emails to coincide with system reminders
- Work with CEO/VP, Finance to determine budget for increases/promotions; schedule meetings with department heads to discuss team eligibility, merits, promotions, justifications for final approval
- Communicate any salary changes to payroll
- Assist managers and employees with inquiries related to systems access, usability, and report generation
- Work with necessary vendors to ensure administration run smoothly
- Bi-weekly meetings with immigration attorney on immigration status/updates – HR items pending
- Handle all postings, signatures, public access files, etc.
- Assist employees (in which Visas are being handled for) to work with immigration attorney accordingly
- Help resolve any employee relations issues as they arise
- Strategize and work with executive team on drafting/updating of policies and initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc projects, both individually and on cross-functional teams
- Assist with event planning as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 5 to 10 years of general Human Resources experience
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills with great attention to detail
- Focus on customer service and quality
- Self-confidence, with a bias toward action, proactive problem-solving, and follow through
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must project demonstrate a professional outlook at all times
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative style with demonstrated ability to work in teams, as both a lead and as a supporting team member
- Strong proficiency in systems management such as HRIS, Performance Management, Applicant Tracking, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet/Social Media job boards
- Experience utilizing benchmarking platforms (i.e. Radford, Salary.com – CompAnalyst, etc.)
- Experience utilizing HRIS systems – BambooHR a plus, BenAdmin systems such as BeneTrac a plus
GetInsured is an Equal Opportunity Employer.