It’s truly an exciting time to be a part of GetInsured. Our vision has always been to make finding and enrolling in health insurance simple. GetInsured currently has the largest state-based marketplace footprint, and our consumer-friendly interface and decision support tools empower millions of consumers across the country to make better health plan decisions. GetInsured builds and operates award-winning cloud-based enrollment tools that serve state-based exchanges, brokers, insurers, and consumers. In addition to eligibility determination, plan selection, and enrollment technology for state agencies, the company delivers innovative agent marketing and call center tools and services.
Role and Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing a full range of HR services to the organization including benefits administration, immigration, compensation review, performance management, HRIS, employee relations, onboarding/off boarding, policy implementation, LOA, talent acquisition and employment law compliance.
- Work cross functionally (IT + Facilities + Hiring Managers) to ensure a smooth onboarding, conversion or off-boarding process Utilize the HRIS system/process to roll out new hires and/or terminations
- Ensure that the Benefit Administration system runs smoothly and seamlessly by periodically check in on any qualifying event requests for approval, ensure bi-weekly report for payroll has been imported accordingly
- Audit benefit invoices as they come in and pass over to Accounting
- Work with payroll in submitting notifications/PANs (Personnel Action Notices) to payroll when employee changes (salary, reporting, new hires, terms) come in
- Schedule New Hire Meetings and Exit Meetings with impacted individuals
- Bi-weekly meetings with benefits brokers on all HR/Compliance initiatives
- Prepare and manage the annual Benefits Open Enrollment
- Handle any claims escalations with the assistance of the HR Helpline
- Ensure terminated employees are properly reflected in the system as updated
- Assist in roll out of wellness seminars
- Handle any Workers Compensation claims that come to HR
- Manage and Launch Performance Assessments for Employees and Managers
- Roll out initial email along with reminder emails to coincide with system reminders
- Work with CEO/VP, Finance to determine budget for increases/promotions; schedule meetings with department heads to discuss team eligibility, merits, promotions, justifications for final approval
- Communicate any salary changes to payroll
- Assist managers and employees with inquiries related to systems access, usability, and report generation
- Work with necessary vendors to ensure administration run smoothly
- Bi-weekly meetings with immigration attorney on immigration status/updates – HR items pending
- Handle all postings, signatures, public access files, etc.
- Assist employees (in which Visas are being handled for) to work with immigration attorney accordingly
- Help resolve any employee relations issues as they arise
- Strategize and work with executive team on drafting/updating of policies and initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc projects, both individually and on cross-functional teams
- Assist with event planning as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 5 to 10 years of general Human Resources experience
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills with great attention to detail
- Focus on customer service and quality
- Self-confidence, with a bias toward action, proactive problem-solving, and follow through
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must project demonstrate a professional outlook at all times
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative style with demonstrated ability to work in teams, as both a lead and as a supporting team member
- Strong proficiency in systems management such as HRIS, Performance Management, Applicant Tracking, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet/Social Media job boards
- Experience utilizing benchmarking platforms (i.e. Radford, Salary.com – CompAnalyst, etc.)
- Experience utilizing HRIS systems – BambooHR a plus, BenAdmin systems such as BeneTrac a plus
What we offer:
A challenging, consumer-facing problem space, where you can make an immediate impact. You’ll be wearing multiple hats and working on various projects and teams. You will get your hands dirty with the latest technologies, learn to use new tools and get the opportunity have your say in the final product. You’ll work alongside a great team that assumes the best intentions, and makes every effort to show empathy and care in all interactions. We’re a well-funded, stable startup with excellent salaries, medical/dental/vision coverage, and perks. GetInsured is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- 401k match
- Stock options
- Catered lunch twice a week. Kitchen stocked with snacks, fruits, drinks.
- .Onsite Yoga
- Yearly Education allowance
GetInsured is an Equal Opportunity Employer.