GetInsured is a cloud-based Healthcare Exchange Platform used by nearly 1 in 5 Americans who enrolled in coverage from 2014 to 2017. We build tools and services that enable consumers to have greater control over their healthcare choices. Our customers are consumers, employers, Healthcare marketplaces, benefits consultants and health insurers. One of our most significant challenges lies in transforming complex industry processes to delightful and satisfying user experiences for healthcare shoppers online, while at the same time keeping our technology platform scalable and flexible enough to adapt to the changing insurance landscape.
Information Security Officer
The Information Security Officer (ISO) will be responsible for information security and privacy across all groups and products in the Company. The ideal candidate will demonstrate significant depth and hands-on knowledge of information security, with leadership skills and the ability to work closely across engineering, operations, IT, HR and other teams in the Company.
- Establish and champion the overall IT security strategy, roadmap, and governance. Implement all IT security, regulatory compliance, and data breach programs. Ensure that the Company complies with all security obligations and standards.
- Work closely in partnership with customers, partners, and regulatory agencies to understand their security requirements. Organize internal security audits, lead Company response to third party audits as required.
- Work with internal teams to implement & maintain strong policies and processes to ensure that Industry standard security practices are followed throughout the entire life-cycle, starting from product planning through development, test, and operations.
- Document all security related policies and procedures. Establish a cadence for reviews and updates on a regular basis.
- Participate in product, design, and code reviews to ensure that security best practices are followed. Communicate security awareness throughout the organization through a combination of training, reviews, talks, etc.
- Drive security related improvements in the product and in the development and test processes. Review and recommend security products and tools that implement best practices and enhance the security of Company products and processes.
- Establish and enhance monitoring tools and methods to detect and respond to data breaches.
- Must have a strong technical background. A deep understanding of security as related to web technology development and operations is essential. Knowledge of mobile security is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in information security roles.
- Must have a leadership security role in medium - large companies. Experience in a cross-functional leadership role is ideal.
- Must have participated in external audits such as SSAE 16/18, SOC 2, MARS-E.
- Must have a track record of successfully driving security related changes (processes / code).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively within the organization, and with executives and security officers of our customers and partners.
- Have knowledge of current security standards and practices.
What we offer:
A challenging, consumer-facing problem space, where you can make an immediate impact. You’ll be wearing multiple hats and working on various projects and teams. You will get your hands dirty with the latest technologies, learn to use new tools and get the opportunity have your say in the final product. You’ll work alongside a great team that assumes the best intentions, and makes every effort to show empathy and care in all interactions. We’re a well-funded, stable startup with excellent salaries, medical/dental/vision coverage, and perks. GetInsured is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- 401k match
- Stock options
- Catered lunch twice a week. Kitchen stocked with snacks, fruits, drinks.
- Onsite Yoga
- Yearly Education allowance