GetInsured is a cloud-based Healthcare Exchange Platform used by nearly 1 in 5 Americans who enrolled in coverage from 2014 to 2017. We build tools and services that enable consumers to have greater control over their healthcare choices. Our customers are consumers, employers, Healthcare marketplaces, benefits consultants and health insurers. One of our most significant challenges lies in transforming complex industry processes to delightful and satisfying user experiences for healthcare shoppers online, while at the same time keeping our technology platform scalable and flexible enough to adapt to the changing insurance landscape.
We are looking to hire an Associate Product Manager to join our team in Mountain View, CA.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties:
- As the product owner, your main responsibilities include gathering product requirements, prioritizing feature implementations and improving overall user experience
- Collaborate daily with engineering, design, customer teams, and other product managers – appreciating the diverse and brilliant mix of teammates who make things happen
- Create clear product requirements (e.g. JIRA user stories) and client-facing product design documents
- Understand and negotiate technical implementation options with engineering, and make decisions based on customer and business needs
- Work with State and Federal entities to ensure that the GI SBM platform adheres to the CMS regulations.
- Lead and participate in sprint planning, grooming, and daily stand-ups to ensure a steady flow of the team’s work
- Partner with product leadership to help define why and when certain product needs should be addressed, assisting in roadmap development and quarterly planning activities and release management.
Qualification / Experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience, working in a highly cross-functional business environment; Product Management or digital health experience is a plus
- Experience working with engineering, design, and customer-facing teams
- Experience writing Product Specifications, User Stories, Product Requirement Documents
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, enthusiastic to solve unknowns
- Self-motivated individual with a ‘doer’ attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of databases, APIs and other technical aspects of a web application.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment (sprint, scrum, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required (BA/BS). Business, Science, and/or Engineering degree
- MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field is a plus
What we offer:
A challenging, consumer-facing problem space, where you can make an immediate impact. You’ll be wearing multiple hats and working on various projects and teams. You will get your hands dirty with the latest technologies, learn to use new tools and get the opportunity have your say in the final product. You’ll work alongside a great team that assumes the best intentions, and makes every effort to show empathy and care in all interactions. We’re a well-funded, stable startup with excellent salaries, medical/dental/vision coverage, and perks. GetInsured is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- 401k match
- Stock options
- Catered lunch twice a week. Kitchen stocked with snacks, fruits, drinks.
- Onsite Yoga
- Yearly Education allowance