It’s truly an exciting time to be a part of GetInsured. Our vision has always been to make finding and enrolling in health insurance simple. GetInsured currently has the largest state-based marketplace footprint, and our consumer-friendly interface and decision support tools empower millions of consumers across the country to make better health plan decisions. GetInsured builds and operates award-winning cloud-based enrollment tools that serve state-based exchanges, brokers, insurers, and consumers. In addition to eligibility determination, plan selection, and enrollment technology for state agencies, the company delivers innovative agent marketing and call center tools and services.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties:
- As the product owner, your main responsibilities include gathering product requirements, prioritizing feature implementations and improving overall user experience.
- Collaborate daily with engineering, design, customer teams, and other product managers – appreciating the diverse and brilliant mix of teammates who make things happen
- Create clear product requirements (e.g. JIRA user stories) and client-facing product design documents
- Understand and negotiate technical implementation options with engineering, and make decisions based on customer and business needs
- Work with State and Federal entities to ensure that the GI SBM platform adheres to the CMS regulations.
- Lead and participate in sprint planning, grooming, and daily stand-ups to ensure a steady flow of the team’s work
- Partner with product leadership to help define why and when certain product needs should be addressed, assisting in roadmap development and quarterly planning activities and release management.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, working in a highly cross-functional business environment; Product Management or digital health experience is a plus
- Strong technical expertise (4+ years) in the underlying design and architecture of the applicable product
- Advanced knowledge of databases, APIs and other technical aspects of a web application.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment (sprint, scrum, etc.)
- Experience working with engineering, design, and customer-facing teams
- Experience writing Product Specifications, User Stories, Product Requirement Documents
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, enthusiastic to solve unknowns
- Self-motivated individual with a ‘doer’ attitude
- Zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree required (BA/BS). Business, Science, and/or Engineering degree
- MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field is a plus
What We Offer
A challenging, consumer-facing problem space, where you can make an immediate impact. You’ll be wearing multiple hats and working on various projects and teams. You will get your hands dirty with the latest technologies, learn to use new tools and get the opportunity have your say in the final product. You’ll work alongside a great team that assumes the best intentions, and makes every effort to show empathy and care in all interactions. We’re a well-funded, stable startup with excellent salaries, medical/dental/vision coverage, and perks. GetInsured is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- 401k match
- Stock options
- Catered lunch twice a week. Kitchen stocked with snacks, fruits, drinks.
- Onsite Yoga
- Yearly Education allowance